Garlic is an ayurvedic herb that is having such a diversified field of action. Since prehistoric times, garlic has been used in treating number of diseases. You would be surprised to know that garlic is part of every Indian kitchen due to its healing properties. Garlic is supposed to be a divine herb and is a part of many classical ayurvedic medicines. It is considered as one of the best herb that helps in maintaining the digestive tract to the optimum level.
Below are the some of the various application of garlic
· Cholesterol – garlic is very helpful in lowering the cholesterol levels. It assists in lowering the LDL (low density lipoprotein). LDL is considered as the bad cholesterol as it deposits in the arteries that might lead to a condition known as atherosclerosis. Arthrosclerosis is a disorder in which plaque gets deposited in the arteries thereby blocking the normal flow of blood eventually leading to heart attack. Garlic is responsible for increasing the levels of HDL (high density lipoprotein). It is known as a good protein that helps in pacifying the affect of bad protein and helps in protecting us from major heart related troubles.
· Common cold and flu – garlic is one of the best remedy in treating cold and flus. It is being time tested remedy and has been put to application since centuries. Garlic is hot in potency and is a powerful agent that helps in suppressing any kind of infection flourishing the body. It improves the immunity of the body thereby is very helpful in protecting body from various ailments. It is also blessed with the properties that make it a mucolytic agent thereby expelling out the extra mucus that gets accumulated in the body.
· High blood pressure – garlic is considered as the boon for people suffering from hypertension or high blood pressure. It is very helpful in maintaining the normal levels of blood pressure and also facilitates the proper circulation of blood throughout the body. It is also helpful in cleaning the plaque formation that occurs in the arterial walls in the body and is the root cause of heart attack. It is also very helpful in decreasing the increased lipid in the body their by manages triglycerides and cholesterol in the body.
· Natural mosquito repellent – garlic contains a very peculiar smell that is due to presence of certain chemical agents that acts as repellent to mosquitoes. This properties of garlic was widely used in India in ancient times to avoid mosquitoes interfering in the life of hum causing disease like malaria, sickle cell anemia and various other disorders
· Powerful antibiotic – garlic is known for its antibiotic activities. Garlic is very helpful in suppressing any kind of infection that gets prevailed in the body. It is a powerful antibacterial agent that is very effective in fading away any kind of infection that is present in the body especially in the blood. Though researches have also proved the action of garlic as a broad spectrum antibiotic but it has been seen that it has antiviral activities also. There is one of the classic properties of that as per the antibiotics of the contemporary medicines garlic does not gets resistant to the bacteria’s thereby we don’t have to change the antibiotic again and again.
· Skin related ailments – garlic is also helpful in treating the skin related problems as it is a good agent that curbs the infection in the body. It is also helpful in reducing any kind of pathogens in the blood and also improves the circulation. Due to this increased blood circulation the vital tissues and the skin gets fully nourished that leads to the good and glowing skin.